Thursday, June 22, 2023

Lately



surfside beach nantucket

How are you all doing? We got back from Nantucket early this week, and since then, I've just been unpacking, doing chores like laundry and grocery shopping, catching up on work, and trying to great back into a good routine with some Orange Theory classes and walks with Henry! 

We had such a fun time on our Nantucket trip. I have a travel guide for Nantucket already, but it needs some major updating since the last time I was there was in 2019, and quite a bit has changed, so I am working on getting that updated! 

This weekend we are hoping to get together with some friends and also lay low and recharge a bit. Hopefully, make some delicious home-cooked meals, and sleep in a little! In the next few weeks, I also want to try and do some Pittsburgh things. We are always away so much in the summertime that I miss a lot of the things here locally. We have a few weeks before I'm off to the Lake to spend a few weeks there and so that is my goal. If you have done anything fun or tried out any new Pittsburgh spots lately, let me know! 
Wearing: I continue to love this shift dress so much. It was slightly pricey for a simple shift but I think it's just so classic I can't get enough! 

Drinking: Grillos is doing a collaboration and is offering dill pickle seltzer (like an alcoholic canned beverage). I need to find these. It says they are available at grocery stores that we don't have here in Pittsburgh except for Whole Foods, so I will check there. I feel like I will absolutely love this- I love a good pickle martini. 

Watching:
 We are still on the Succession train (HBO). We just started season 3 last night! We love it. I thought season 2 was good, but the second half of season 1 was amazing. Hoping season 3 is good! 

Listening:  I came across this graduation speech on TikTok, and I can't stop thinking about it. It is so profound and yet so simple at the same time. She is so wise, and I am thankful to have listened. It's totally worth your 5 minutes; it will change your perspective.

Listening II: Final TikTok find... this choir doing When the Party's Over by Billie Eilish moved me to tears. If you can, listen to it with earbuds/headphones. I truly got chills... it sounds dramatic, but listening to this felt like a big wave of total peace just washed right through me. I felt 10 lbs lighter after listening. What's even more incredible is that this choir was created in one day; they all had never sung together before. There's a reason it has 5.6 million views! 

Loving: I love my Stanley so much (you can read my full review, here) and now you can personalize them! You can choose text or monogram and the size and font! 

Loving II: I got Henry this toy on a whim when I added it to a grocery order on Monday. Since then, he has carried it around the house with him and naps with it. It's adorable, and I've never really seen him behave with a toy like that- normally this thing would be shredded in seconds. He loves the crinkly sound and the squeaky ball. I am truly wondering how long this will stay intact! 
Wanting: There are so many gorgeous, colorful scarves for just $20!

Amazon Rec: This is seriously the best-smelling dry shampoo EVER. Also, I feel like it works better than most. It doesn't spray onto your hair; you sprinkle it on. It's talc-free. You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Smelling: This handsoap smells incredible. I ordered it a few weeks ago, and I love it! It's warm and musky but fresh at the same time. I find myself sniffing my hands after I use it, HA! I also got this cute little holder for the soaps for my kitchen counter, and would also look so cute in a bathroom and to give as a gift! 

Quoting: 'Stop expecting you from others.' // See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure