Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Outfits + Links Lately

Dress ($32, wearing a small)

I've shared so many outfits and other things on Instagram lately that I wanted to share some here since I mostly share via ephemeral content (aka Instagram stories). 

I'm curious to know if you are on Instagram, and if so, how often are you using the app? 

(clicking this link will take you to a Google form, and you don't have to put in any personal information or anything; just answer the two questions- it will take 30 seconds. Thank you!!!)

 I'll share the percentage breakdowns on Thursday when I do my weekly Lately post, in case you are curious!

Even if you are on Instagram, it's easy to miss things these days because the algorithm can be frustrating, or you may take time off from your phone (as you should!)

I know some of you don't use the LTK app, but you can access it without an account on my website here. I am pretty quick to upload my outfits and link everything I can! I also have an Amazon page that I update frequently, too, and I have an 'Amazon' highlight on Instagram, so you can refer back to that if you missed something!

Enough housekeeping; let's move on to the outfits and links! I've been very casual lately- I haven't had anything big to dress up for so it's been mostly shorts and tops and athletic outfits! 


These pajamas were hiding in the back of my closet. I think I purchased them during one of the sales and have only worn a handful of times. I am more of a short sleeve, long-pants Lake girl. However, I wore these just last week and love them so much and will now wear them weekly. I love the style- the long-sleeve top has a classic crewneck and full-length long sleeves. The style looks more modern. So cute. 

Also, this is the best mug. It has a luxurious porcelain feel and is just a nice everyday mug. It holds a lot of coffee which is one of my requirements! 


Wore this out to dinner the other night. We sat outside so I wanted to stay warm! I love this classic cotton sweater. It runs roomy, I am wearing my true size small and it fits like an oversized sweatshirt. If you want a more polished fit, I'd suggest sizing down! We are going to Nantucket soon and I will likely wear this exact outfit there!

 


I love this style of swimsuit from J.Crew. I typically have a very modest style, but I've tried a lot of swimsuits over the years, and the overly modest styles just don't work for me. Covering up too much is not the most flattering for me, as odd as that sounds! I love the low dip back and the higher cut at the thighs. It shows just the right amount of skin for my body to look flattering! This suit is comfortable and has a decent amount of compression in it... it's not like wearing shapewear, but it's also not loose. 

This coverup is adorable. I love that they have matching options with the swimsuits. Someone asked if they think you could wear the coverup as a dress and I would personally say no. Maybe if you are a bit shorter than I am (5'6") you could get away with it, but it's so lightweight and flowy and shorter in the front that not only does it look like a true coverup, but I think it would move around/blow around too much for comfort. It's a great coverup, though, and plenty cute enough to wear over your suit to a beach bar or lakefront lunch! 

I love a good set so I tried out this oversized sweatshirt and workout shorts. I exchanged and am waiting on different sizes but love both pieces. The sweatshirt runs really big, so I needed to get an XS! The shorts are a little small on me so I wanted to size up... I like my athletic shorts pretty lose and these just didn't feel like they had enough room in them! The shorts are SO lightweight. I'm anxious to wear them to OTF- the perfect thing! 


I'm not a big golfer. I like golf, but I truly don't love it. I am more there for the club pours and the outfits. My parents and sister, and husband all golf, so it was time to get a set of clubs if I wanted to spend more time with them! I got these, and it comes with all of the basic clubs you need if you are just starting out. Golf clubs can be really expensive, so to get this set for $400 is a steal. Usually, just one club costs a few hundred dollars++! They're not the best clubs by any means, but they're perfectly good for what I need them for! If you are also a beginner, this is a great set. The bag is really cute, too! I may eventually upgrade to a nicer driver because I like the driving range the most, but for now, I need to see how much I'm actually golfing to see if it is even really worth it! 



I love these tanks. They have a smooth, buttery soft feel to them and the fabric is very lightweight and stretchy. There is a built-in shelf bra that doesn't provide a ton of support but it's enough for me! I love the square neckline in the front and back. This is my walking uniform- one of these tanks and then an athletic skort. The tops run true to size, I am wearing a small. I don't wear these to Orange Theory (hiit workout) because I don't think they provide enough support... it would be fine for something lower impact like yoga, though.


Polo shirts literally do not go out of style, but I am not sure why the Lacoste polo fell out of popularity for a while! I love them and have always worn them. I particularly like this loose style- it's like wearing a t-shirt but looks a little more polished! I wore this outfit golfing and we only made it through 1.5 holes before it started downpouring out of nowhere! 


I wore the same polo the next morning. We went out to a diner for my husband's birthday breakfast so I was very casual! This Cardigan is one of my favorites. It's so well made and comfortable. I love the textured stitching. My sister loves this cardigan, too. She has a few colors. I am debating on another color as well. It's a classic wardrobe staple for sure. 


We used to make cocktails at home so much more than we have in the past year or so due to our busier schedules. When we were spending so much time at home in 2020/early 2021, I loved how much we used our glassware! But, the other night, I had my parents over and before we went to dinner, I made watermelon martinis! These martini glasses are stunning. Heavy and high quality. They are stunning and classic but also have a bit of a modern vibe in their simplicity. I love the entire Dorset line. We have the decanter as well which is equally beautiful. 



Anytime this mug is in my stories, I get asked about it! Again, I love a big mug and this is 16oz! I've had it for many years! I have the woodland one, too!

I love these white shorts. They are SO comfortable... like wearing pajamas. I need them in more colors because I wear the white several times each week, they are just so easy. I wish they came in navy! They run roomy but I still got my true size small. 


A sports bra, tank, and bike shorts is basically my summer OTF uniform. These are all great basics. I love these bikes shorts. I ordered a bunch of Lulu bike shorts a year or two ago and didn't like any of them so I returned them. I ordered these super affordable shorts and they're incredible. They feel like wunder under fabric and are just so comfortable and flattering. I get the 6". The sports bra is basic but what I've been wearing and rebuying for years. It has no padding and great compression for a hiit style workout. This tank is SO lightweight. It feels like you are basically not wearing anything over the sports bra.... necessary in an intense workout or super hot outdoor walk.

Not kidding when I say I wear these shorts SO much!!! I love a good sweater tank and this is in the prettiest caramel hue. I would say size down as I think it runs big. I got a small and the more I wear it, the more I think I should have sized down!

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure