Thursday, July 20, 2023

Lately

I hope you are all having a great week! I have been a bit busy getting things done before heading off to Georgia tomorrow! I did manage to get in a fun dinner downtown with some girlfriends on Sunday and then we did celebrate my dad's birthday earlier this week with dinner and a baseball game which was lots of fun!  

Getting down to Georgia is such a long drive, and I always dread that part a bit, but I'm so excited. I'm just ready to relax. I plan to work daily but limit it as much as I can to give myself a bit of a vacation! I hope to read a few books, lounge on the dock, swim in the lake, go on a few boat rides/jet ski rides, enjoy delicious dinners, and just spend time with family and friends. If you have been reading for a few years, you know, in the past, we've done rosé tasting, champagne tasting, and white wine tasting. This year, we are doing a red wine tasting which I'm looking forward to because, along with champagne, red wine is my favorite! Also, our 2nd wedding anniversary is coming up on July 31st which is crazy- it feels like we got married just yesterday!!! 
Wearing: I love these sneakers so much. I get so much wear out of them. If you are on the fence, I'm tell you, you will not be sorry! You can just toss them in the washing machine and they come out looking good as new. The material is like a stretchy fabric so it's breathable and there is nothing stiff so you won't get blisters even in the first wear! The footbed is firm but cushioned at the same time so you get support and comfort. I also like how streamlined they look. The shape just looks slim and feminine so I find they look best with things like dresses! 

Eating: I think this may be one of the better Trader Joe's finds. I bought these chicken sausage breakfast patties on a whim and finished the bag within a week. The ingredients are clean and the serving size is two!!! I like to cut them up and mix into scrambled eggs with a sprinkle of cheese. SO good and could not be easier. 

Drinking: I tried this gin for the first time recently and wow did I love it. I am usually a Hendrick's gal but this was so flavorful and had more hints of citrus/cucumber. I had it in a cocktail that was citrus/cucumber but will be excited to try it in a martini! 

Sale: Peter Millar is having a big sale. This is one of my husband's favorite brands, especially for polos, and there are so many polos 50% off

Watching:
 Did you all start watching the first few episodes of The Summer I Turned Pretty on Amazon Prime Video? I really enjoyed the first season and was so excited for the next season. The first 3 episodes are out now and then a new episode is to be released each Friday. Based on the first 3 episodes of season 2, I'm not loving it. It's OK but I'm hoping it will get better as it goes on! 
Loving: This pullover is so cute. I love the texture and the slightly cropped length. It's lightweight so it is great for right now and into early fall. I love the seams on it, too, this feels very Lulu for less!
Wanting: This pumpkin serving bowl is fall perfection. Major Barbie/Sofia Ritchie vibes with this gorgeous tweed sheath under $100! I am not a big denim jacket person, but I feel like this could be cute

Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh has a huge food festival every summer called Picklesburgh and you know what? I have never been!!! It's always held when I am away! I hope all of my Pittsburgh friends are able to head to the festival and eat all of the pickles and I will live vicariously through you! 
Amazon Rec: I ordered this viral set on a whim and wasn't expecting much. I love it!!! I originally got a medium but then returned for a size small so I'd say it fits TTS! The quality for the price is great and it's such a great errands/lounging around the house/neighborhood outfit. You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Smelling: This is one of my favorite fall candles and I just ordered a few because it is on major sale. I can't wait to burn it. I try to wait until mid-September to burn fall candles but sometimes I just can't wait! I would have never ordered this candle had I not smelled it in person. My girlfriend had it at her house a year or two ago and I ordered it on the spot. I'm not into super sweet scents, especially when it comes to fall scents. Seeing the word 'plum' was kind of a turn off for me but it has such a good woodsy/cozy vibe that balances out the plum notes perfectly. I think I overdid it on the 'pumpkin' scents years ago and so this smells a bit more sophisticated but still very fall! 

Quoting: 'To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it!'- Confucius // See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure