Thursday, July 27, 2023

Lately

Ruby (my aunt and uncle's new puppy)


I'm spending a few weeks on Lake Chatuge right now, and it's been great to be with family and friends! The weather has been hot and sunny, so I've spent some time hanging on the dock, soaking up the sun and reading. I've also enjoyed cocktail hour and delicious meals! I love the slower pace. It's a small town, so there's not a ton to do, but we did do some antiquing and went out to one of the nicest restaurants in the area called the Copper Door in Hayesville, North Carolina, which was fun! Fun fact: Lake Chatuge crosses the North Carolina and Georgia border, so half of the lake is in Georgia, and half is in NC! Henry is having the time of his life swimming and sunbathing and running around all over with Bean, Buddy, and Ruby! I've been trying so hard all week to get photos of all of the pups together, and it has yet to happen, ha! 

Not much else to update you all on since I'm in vacation world! 

Eating: This will sound lame for those of you who live in the South, but I had my once-a-year Zaxby's meal the other day. We don't have them in Pittsburgh, and I just love their chicken and Zax sauce!!!! 


Drinking: These Betty Buzz drinks are carbonated water lightly flavored with juice and agave. They have a significant amount of flavor compared to something like a Lacroix. They can be enjoyed on their own or used as a mixer for a cocktail or mocktail. I don't know that I'll buy them often, but they're perfect for being here at the lake and quickly mixing a cocktail to have down on the dock or boat. I prefer a real cocktail over something like a high noon, and this makes it quicker! All you need to do is pour 1/3 of the can over ice, add in liquor of your choice (I use tequila), and I like to squeeze a lemon or lime in for added flavor. The carbonation is wonderful, and the flavor tastes freshly squeezed! On its own, I prefer the lemon- it tastes like plain carbonated water that you squeezed a lemon in yourself. I can do that easily and quickly on my own at home, so that's why I don't really think it's necessary for every day; rather these are for convenience when you are on the go. 
 
Reading: I'm currently reading The Silent Patient. I started it last summer and only got about 20%- vacation ended, and I never picked it back up, so I will finish it now!

Watching: Have you all seen the Barbie movie? I want to see it, but I am waiting until I'm back in Pittsburgh to see it with my husband at our local drive-in movie theater! Right now, I'm just watching The Summer I Turned Pretty, and I think it's OK so far. Otherwise, I haven't been watching much TV lately! 

Listening: On the way down, we listened to a podcast recommended by a few of you called Scamanda. It was about a blogger that faked cancer. It was shocking and truly hard to believe, but it is a true story! I'm not a big podcaster, and I felt the podcast really dragged on- it could have been fewer episodes, but overall it was enough to entertain me during the long ride. 

Loving: Our house sitter sent me a photo of this PR package I got- isn't it adorable!! I'm here for all things Barbie! I think the top left color looks like something I would love on my nails, and the middle right would be great for my toes! 
Wanting: This green dress is beautiful and classic. I also think it will work well in early fall since it's still hot, but if you want to start wearing fall colors, pair it with deep brown tones, and it will be perfect! Speaking of brown, these suede ballet flats are calling my name! 

Amazon Rec: This splatterware dishware is beautiful and classic- perfect for everyday use! You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Smelling: I just smelled this candle for the first time the other day and will keep it in the back of my mind until the holiday season. It smelled SO good, and just based on the name, it's not something I would have ordered online. Even the description online sounds like something I wouldn't love ('An inviting blend of crisp blue cypress, juniper berry, and hints of smoked vanilla bean'), so I was so glad to smell it in person and love it! If you've ever smelled the birchwood pine, this smelled similarly, but less pine-heavy and more of a warmer, cozier feel. 

Quoting: 'Happiness is not a goal, it is a byproduct of a life well lived.' - Eleanor Roosevelt// See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure