Thursday, August 10, 2023

Lately



Pearl Top (size down)

Happy almost weekend, friends! I am so glad to be back home and getting settled in after 18 days away. I loved being with family and friends and slowing down, but I was ready to be back. 

I made a little list of things I missed about being home: my bed, coffee maker, Orange Theory classes, less heat and humidity (sometimes, not always), my hair dryer (I forgot mine), Whole Foods, walks with my girlfriends, and sushi and Thai food. 

This week has been busy catching up on work and daily life, but it has been alright! I am getting so excited for fall; I can hardly stand it! Though the heat hasn't been bad this week, I'm ready for some crisp weather and to curl up in a sweater and throw on a sweatshirt! 

This weekend we are playing in a 9-Wine+Dine golf scramble with 20 of our family friends, which will be so much fun! I also have one of my good friend's bridal showers. I'd like to also fit in some time for sushi because I missed it too much!

Wearing: This is such a nice, thick knit dress that you can wear now and into the fall. It would look so cute under a denim jacket as the weather cools! It runs true to size. 

Eating: I just had the Trader Joe's 'Field Fresh Chopped Salad' in the pre-made salad tub (a lunch/dinner portion for 1), and it is SO good. It comes with chicken, but I always remove the chicken from TJ's pre-made salads- there is something about the look/texture of it that I can't stand, and I replace it with the smoked salmon. It's made with Israeli cous cous, currants (I had to google this, it's like a raisin, but I don't love raisins, so don't let that deter you), Asiago cheese, pecans, and basil dressing. The basil dressing really takes it to the next level. I usually like to make my own dressings, so I will try and recreate it!

Sale: J.McLagughlin's summer sale is up to 40% off! This crossbody bag is adorable; I love Jamie sweaters- the style is so classic, and I'm going to order these needlepoint cocktail coasters to have on hand to give as a gift! 

Watching:
 Season 5 of 90 Day FiancĂ© the Other Way (TLC) is out, and I'm on episode 3 and can't get enough. This season is so wild in the best way. 

Jeffrey Campbell Arabesque Ballet Flat
Loving: I just got these ballet flats, and they are perfect! They run a bit big, though. I got a size 9, my size, and I have to exchange it for an 8.5. You can see they're much larger than my Chane size 39 flats.  They're so high quality and look so much like my Chanel flats! I also love the color- it's the exact right shade of cherry red. It reminds me of my favorite OPI polish, 'Big apple red.' 

Wanting: 
This sweater is so ladylike and only $30! 

Pittsburgh: I feel so out of the Pittsburgh loop. I have not been to a new restaurant or anything recently! I must return to the Pittsburgh life and check out some new and old favorites! Does anyone have any recs?! 

Amazon Rec: I shared my August Amazon finds yesterday! You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Smelling: I was gifted this perfume, which might be one of the best things I have ever smelled. It's very $$, and it literally smells expensive...I'm not kidding. It smells crisp but rich (both literally and figuratively). The notes that I can smell the most are peppercorn, sandalwood, lemon, and amber. It's light and fresh but warm and slightly masculine at the same time. I seriously have never smelled anything like it. My husband also liked it on me, so that's a plus! It's strong, too; one spray and you are good to go, and it lasts from morning until night. My husband has the men's version and has worn it for a year or so, and I also love that. 

Traveling: I am headed on a bachelorette later this month, and then we don't have any set-in-stone travel plans until October! We are headed to Boston in early October, which will be nice!

Quoting: 'Don't take revenge; the rotten fruits will fall themselves.'  // See more of my favorites, here.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I always check in on Thursday, because while I love your classic style, your Lately Pittsburgh section is also a must for me. We have dinner reservations at The Parlor next week that I am looking forward to, but I would highly recommend Ritual House downtown....also Steelers season starts tomorrow with the first pre-season game, so you can use this marker as the official entrance to your favorite season.

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Hi Sandy, thank you so much!! You are so kind, and I am glad you enjoy the Pittsburgh section! So funny you mention Parlor- I love it, and we have a res for that coming up in a few weeks! Thank you for the Ritual House rec; I remember seeing it pop up on Instagram when it opened but totally forgot about it! I have not been but I have heard great things, so I am glad you recommend it, too! Also, you are SO right about the pre-season game being an official marker of 'almost fall'!!!! So exciting! Thank you for reading, Sandy; I appreciate it so much... and Go Steelers!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure