Thursday, August 17, 2023

Lately

Found a toy that is almost Henry's size at Costo. 

P's dress (obsessed!!!)// My Dress


Was this the fastest week ever for anyone else? I cannot believe we are almost to the weekend. It must be because I had such a packed weekend that I didn't get time to rest or regroup before the week started up again! We had a fun golf tournament with lots of family friends, also one of my family friend's bridal showers, and my in-laws were in town! I didn't plan to take a social media break, but I was so busy it was forced upon me, ha! Everything was lots of fun! 

Anyway, I've felt overwhelmed and scatterbrained this week. I can tell we are getting closer to Q4 because that's the crazy time of year for my job, and I can feel it ramping up!

If there is any specific fall content you would like to see, please let me know! It's my favorite time of year, and I get so excited to put together fall outfits.

Wearing: These jeans have quickly become a favorite of mine and a pair that I know I will wear all fall and winter. They run true to size and have a nice amount of stretch, making them very comfortable. They are also high-waisted and currently on sale! 

Sale: I just love this sweater and have been wearing it quite a bit lately. It runs true to size. It's currently on sale and I am not kidding you when I say that everywhere I have worn it, a stranger has complimented me on it! 
Eating: Costco is my happy place, and it had been a while until this week! We usually get Rao's (the best jarred sauce) from Costco, and we really stocked up this time because, apparently, Campbell's purchased Rao's. I've been seeing things all over TikTok and Instagram with people concerned that Campbell's will ruin the sauce, and it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. Campbell's denies it, but I didn't want to take any chances, ha! The article says that they own Prego, which contains sugar and canola oil in their pasta sauce which is something I really hope does not make its way into Rao's! 

Watching:
 I just started watching the new season of Real Housewives of New York. I used to watch all of the Housewives series religiously, and a few years ago, I stopped. I just got bored and/or busy, ha! I like this season- it's a completely new cast, so you can start watching from here without any context if you want. The first episode was boring, but after that, I got into it! Is anyone else watching? I was most interested in watching Jenna Lyons- I am both enamored and fascinated by her career path and success. I loved her in her J.Crew era! I also love to see Sai's storyline, as she is a content creator- I hadn't followed her before, but now I am! 
Eyeshadow// Mascara// Blush (in petal)
Loving: I have been using and loving these three new makeup products I got in a PR package. The mascara is amazing and lasts all day without smudging or flaking. I am not a big eyeshadow person, but this palette is bronzer-ish in colors, so it adds more of a contoured, warm look that I am really into. Also, I have the blush in other colors and love it. It's a cream blush and so easy to blend. The new color is 'petal', which is a rosy pink, and it's gorgeous. It's the perfect shade for daily wear. 
Loving II: I was sent these scrunchies to test out before their launch. They launch today and they'll definitely be going on my August favorites. It's the same teleties that you know and love but it's covered in silk so it doesn't pull on your hair or kink your hair at all. I love these for getting ready for bed when I need to pull my hair up to do skincare or in the morning for the same reason. I also like to keep these at my desk to pull my hair back while I sit at my computer! 
Wanting: I love the Dudley Stephens Jay joggers, and it doesn't look like they make them any longer. I am seeing this new style that looks so nice!!! I'm not a big seasonal decorator, but this little jack-o-lantern pitcher would be so cute used as a vase! 

Pittsburgh: 40 new and soon-to-be-open restaurants! I am using this list as my guide to try out some new things!
Amazon Rec: This nail serum works so well it will be a forever product for me! It's a serum, not a polish, and you just paint it right on your nails. It dries in a second, and if you use it routinely, you will notice such a big difference! You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Amazon Rec II: These pet waste bags are the best I've ever used. Such a random thing to recommend but I wish someone would have recommended them to me sooner! They are scented and the scent isn't overpowering or gross- it smells like real lavender. Also, the dispenser is quality and has a hook on the back to hold a used bag. There is a little yellow label that counts down on the last 3 bags to remind you to put a new roll in. I can't tell you how many times I have gone on a walk and realized the bag holder is empty and then have to walk home and walk back to Henry's potty spot to pick it up! The countdown has been so helpful! 

Smelling: My go-to fall candle is back on sale for under $40! If you are looking for something that smells luxurious and want to veer away from the whole 'pumpkin spice' thing, this is it! 

Quoting: 'If outside validation is your only source of nourishment, you will hunger for the rest of your life' //See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure