Monday, September 11, 2023

Brand Crush: Varley

varley ashbury jacket

varley ashbury jacket

varley ashbury jacket

varley ashbury jacket

varley ashbury jacket
Jacket Available:
Spotty in some sizes from some retailers- it's likely to sell out on certain sites so linking where it is currently in stock.

I am not a huge athleisure person, but there is definitely a place for it in my life. My thinking is that it takes just as much effort to put on a 'real' outfit vs. an athletic outfit, so why not put on a real outfit? But also, I understand the comfort that athletic clothing provides, and I like the movement it allows for things like long walks with Henry, Orange Theory/other workouts, when I am running around town doing all sorts of menial errands and lounging around the house. 

Just this weekend, we woke up and went to our favorite bakery and walked with Henry along Mt. Washington with our coffee. An athleisure outfit made perfect sense for this occasion. 

I think 2020 really stocked my wardrobe when it comes to athleisure, so I haven't really added much to my closet since, but lately, I am so infatuated with Varley, a brand out of London that also has a HQ here in the US. I made my first Varley purchase back in 2017ish, so it's not new to me, but I have really loved their sleek athletic designs lately. They really blur the line between athletic clothing and real clothing. 

I most recently ordered the jacket you see above. I had been hemming an hawing over it, because like I said, I have so much athleisure! In hindsight, I am so glad I got the jacket. It's made of their signature doublesoft fabric which is one of the softest materials ever. It's like silky cooling, smooth, and ultra stretchy. I love that the arms are roomy because it's easy to put on with a t-shirt or long sleeve shirt. There is nothing that drives me crazier than my sleeves getting bunched up inside of a sweatshirt! It has pockets and even though it fits oversized, he stitching is so flattering. 

I got a size small. It's very roomy but I love the way it fits! I shared this just a few days ago on Instagram and I was blown away by how many of you clicked and purchased this pullover. I can usually estimate the success of something I share and honestly wasn't expecting everyone's enthusiasm! But it's worthy because it's one of my newest favorite pieces and I'd never thought I would say that about an athleisure piece! 
I think it's one of those high-quality brands worth the price (though worth is always subjective). I bought an earlier version of this sherpa pullover many years ago (photo above) and have always worn it often in the fall and winter, and it still looks as good as new. 

I wore this cute little golf dress a few weeks ago to golf and it is so cute. I'm going to wear it with sneakers and a navy cardigan in the next few weeks as the temps are starting to dip, not to golf but just as a cute outfit for around town! 

Varley offers free delivery over $100 and most of their things are priced above $100 anyway, but they also are on Evereve (free shipping on $50+) and Shopbop which has Amazon prime 2 day free shipping. There are also some sale finds that pop up on The Outnet!

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure