Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Recipe: Mozzarella and Pesto Stuffed Chicken and Peach Arugula Salad

Recipe: Mozzarella and Pesto Stuffed Chicken and Peach Arugula Salad

I share some of our meals on Instagram, and I've also shared before that my husband does a lot of the cooking, and I'm more the sous chef. But, I am good at coming up with ideas, and then my husband will execute them. 

We had done stuffed chicken before, and we had pesto that I really wanted to use in something, so I said to my husband, 'What do you think of stuffing the chicken with mozzarella and pesto? He went to work!

When I shared this recipe, SO many of you asked, but the thing is that we did not use a recipe. This is so simple to do it's almost not worth a recipe, but I figured I would write it down for you all but also include the arugula salad that I have also shared and been asked about! It makes for

We grilled the chicken, but you could cook it in a pan or bake it in the oven. I will say, the grill gives it such a great flavor, so that would be my recommendation. 

Mozzarella and Pesto Stuffed Chicken
What You'll Need:
- Chicken breasts
- Fresh buffalo mozzarella (you could use regular shredded mozz, too)
- Pesto (I love the Gotham Greens brand of pesto from Whole Foods)
- Seasoning


1. Season the chicken generously with salt and rub all over the chicken. Place in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours. We just do this the night before we are making it. This is called 'dry brining' and helps to keep the meat juicy and flavorful! My husband does this on a lot of meats, and it really makes a positive, noticeable difference. 

2. Butterfly the chicken breasts and pound the chicken to it is thinner. 

3. Season with season salt as you please. Season salt is usually just salt, black pepper, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. You can buy it, but it's easy to make it yourself at home, too. 

4. Place pesto and mozzarella inside the chicken and close it up. 

5. Grill until it reaches a safe temperature. The time will vary depending on the size of each chicken breast. We have this food thermometer and use it often. 

Once it is cooked, I like to drizzle a little olive oil (I love the Graza drizzle olive oil) and balsamic vinegar (this is the only kind I use) over the chicken for extra flavor, but it's not necessary. This would be good with roasted tomatoes added inside, too, for a caprese-stuffed chicken, but you can stuff it with anything! One time, we did Boursin cheese and caramelized onions! Bacon and cheddar with some chopped green onions might be amazing, too. 

This is a simple recipe, and you can switch it up depending on your taste. It's a fun way to mix up grilled chicken. 

Peach Arugula Salad

What You'll Need:
 - Arugula (spinach and arugula mix is nice, too)
- 1 whole peach 
- Prosciutto or Salami
- Fresh buffalo mozzarella
- Persian cucumbers 
- Fresh chopped basil
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Garlic Salt 
- Pepper

1. Dice the peach, meat (prosciutto or salami), mozzarella, and cucumber and add to a bed of arugula. 

2. Top with fresh chopped basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic salt. 

3. Mix together 

This is the most delicious salad ever. You get the sweetness of the peach and balsamic vinegar, the nutty flavor from the arugula, the fresh flavor from the basil and cucumber, and the salty flavor from the prosciutto or salami. It's' so satisfying and flavorful. It tastes like an Italian summer in a bowl! It's so easy, and no actual cooking is required. 

These two items pair wonderfully together for a delicious meal! 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure