Thursday, October 19, 2023

Lately

Got my first PR package from Obagi. Excited to try the lash and brow serum


Oh my goodness is it a busy week! It's definitely one of those weeks where I feel like a chicken running around with its head cut off but I am powering through! 

This past weekend we went to the symphony and got together with friends. Today, I'm getting together with one of my girlfriends to meet her newborn! Tomorrow we have no plans and I just need to totally regroup and reset and take the time to take care of the smaller things I have been putting off! Henry has an annual vet appointment this weekend, we are going to my mom's birthday lunch, and I'm hosting my mom and cousin's birthday dinner at our house. Lots of fun and family time to be had. 

Can you believe it is almost Halloween? I really can't but I am excited. Our neighborhood is so much fun on Halloween! 


Wearing: Mark my words here and now: I live for being able to wear light jackets, sweaters, and sweatshirts. This is MY weather. I feel sheer happiness with a chill in the air. However, I will be missing this SO much once heavy coat weather rolls around. That is where I draw the line. Pittsburgh does not have enough 'light jacket' weather. Honestly, Pittsburgh weather doesn't have much to offer, LOL. Anyway, I am SOAKING IT UP! This gorgeous jacket was sent to me from Trovata. The pink and green is so fun and is a great lightweight option for this season! 

If you are ever wondering where something is from, I keep my LTK page up to date at all times, you can also access all of my posts, here, if you don't use LTK!

Reading: October is breast cancer awareness month, here is an aritcle that lists signs and ways to detect breast cancer

Sale: Talbots is having their Friends and Family Sale! You can get 30% off your entire purchase. I absolutely love this black jacket with gold buttons

Watching:
 Season 6 of Netflix's The Crown will debut on November 16th. I am marking my calendar because I am SO excited. I'm not a big Monarchy follower, but I think this is one of the most well-done series I have ever watched. It's so beautifully shot, and the acting is superb. I've been watching too much reality TV lately since there hasn't been much new out, and reality TV is like candy- a little here and there is fun, but too much, and it will rot you! This new season covers 1997-2005. I feel like I was still a little bit too young to vividly remember much of that time period, but I look forward to watching. This final season will be done in two launches. The first, on November 16th, comprises of 4 episodes, and then on December 14th, they will release the last 6 episodes. They released a teaser trailer you can watch, here. Will you be watching? 

Listening: We had a fun little date night last weekend. We had dinner and drinks at the Del Frisco's bar and then went to the Symphony for their 100th Disney anniversary pops concert. It was absolutely fabulous and I'm not even a big Disney person. The talent in the Pittsburgh symphony is remarkable and how lucky are we to have such a stunning concert hall. 


Loving II: The John Derian x Target collection is so good. It's equal parts whimsy and equal parts classic! 


Wanting:
I just love this bag!

Pittsburgh: I've been excitedly refreshing the Pittsburgh holiday market website to see when it will open! Last year it was 11/18 which was the Friday before Thanksgiving. So, if they go by that schedule again this year, it might be on Friday November 17th! It is one of my very favorite things about Pittsburgh during the holidays!

Glass Tumblers// Coasters (under $40)

Amazon Rec: I got these Coasters on a whim and was so pleasantly surprised to see how nice they are. They are so substantial and beautiful. At under $40, I think it's the perfect thing to gift someone who loves home items for the holidays. It would also be a beautiful host/hostess gift. 

You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here on my Amazon page where I am constantly updating it with all of my finds and top picks from home, beauty, fashion, and more!

Smelling: I am going to give this hand soap to quite a few people this holiday season. It smells insanely good, I can't get enough. I think this is the perfect type of gift for the luxury lover. You can use code SUMMERWIND and save $7ish! 

Quoting: 'Hate. It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet.' - Maya Angelou // See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure