Thursday, September 10, 2026

Lately

Poor guy!!! 

Hope you are all having a great week, and I hope you enjoyed your long holiday weekend. I cannot believe Labor Day has passed! 

I'm writing this intro earlier than I usually would, as we are currently in Rome! I've shared this before, but my mom, sister, and I are on a girls' trip to Rome, Florence, and Sicily. My mom's family is from Reggio Calabria, and part of our reason for going to Sicily is to do a day-trip tour around the area where my mom's family is from! I've worked ahead on blog posts, so things will run smoothly here, and there will be new posts as usual. On Instagram, I'll be sharing our trip, my usual fashion finds, etc., but I will be slower with emails, messages, etc., as I am trying to cut back on work on this trip and soak up this truly special time with my mom and sister.

I had a low-key LDW as I spent most of it working ahead, packing, and just getting things in order. My sister also came into Pittsburgh early ahead of our flight to Italy, so it was so nice to spend extra time with her. I did have a chance to sneak over to the pool for one last spritz with family and friends. I truly had the best summer. I'm not typically a summer gal, but something changed in me this year, and I am sad to see it has flown by! 

We had the craziest storm roll through last Thursday evening. I was at the Galleria when it happened, and got a text blast that said 'imminent threat,' which I had never seen before. Thankfully, nothing happened to me, but I was in the basement of the Galleria parking lot when it started flooding! Water was just pouring in from one area! I shared the video on Instagram last week. It was no issue for me to get out of that level, so it was fine, but for a second, I was genuinely worried! Once the storm slowed, I was able to drive home, but so many streets were flooded that I found myself cutting through parking lots to avoid deep water! I've never been out in something like that before. It was very scary! Anyway, I hope all of my Pittsburgh people are OK after all of that. It rolled in and out so quickly. I'm so surprised we didn't lose power. 

Henry got a yeast infection from licking his paws too much. He always has seasonal allergies around this time of year, so it was nothing new. Poor guy licked too much, though, and his paws became inflamed and red! I took him to the vet right away, and we got some spray to clear up his paws, and he got an allergy shot. He had to wear a cone on and off for 2ish days to make sure that he didn't lick his paws. It was the first time he has ever had to wear a cone, and I felt SO bad. He is such a chill dog, but he despised the cone. I can't say I blame him! He seems to be totally good now, though, and I am so relieved. sure Hen is too! 

Tomorrow marks the 25th anniversary of September 11th. I wanted to take a moment to remember those who lost their lives that day and to think of the families and loved ones who continue to carry that loss. I will never forget, and I’m sending so much love to all. 

Skirt (use code SYD20)
Styling this skirt for different weather! 


HH gifted me both of these new dresses from their new arrivals that dropped on Tuesday! They're both gorgeous and perfect pieces for early fall when it's still too warm for anything heavy! 

Long Sleeve Cotton Tee
Wearing: A bit all over the place with my outfits! Between a holiday weekend, packing for my trip, and ordering new things for the fall season, there was no rhyme or reason to anything! 

You can find me on ShopMy, where I link all of my outfits, favorite finds, home decor, beauty, and more. I’m always updating it with my latest finds! You can also follow me on the LTK app and browse all of my posts here on my website.


Eating: It's the most wonderful time of the year!! Capital Grille just brought back their seasonal Wine and Waygu! They usually do it in the fall and spring. I'm a bit underwhelmed at the wine offerings this go-round, but I will happily have a glass of Moët and the truffle burger without complaints! The cabernet offering is Faust, which is one of the wineries we visited this past spring. The cab was very good, but I do love a crisp glass of Moët, and I think it'll pair really nicely with the fatty burger. It's through November 15th, so there is plenty of time to stop in. It's not really even the wine you are going for. The truffle burger is not on their regular menu, so that's the big draw for me. It's one of the best burgers I've ever had!! 

Drinking: Over the weekend, my mom opened this bubbly, and I had a sip, and it was delish! I love bubbly, but I don't drink it as much as I used to because the bubbles bloat me! I used to drink so much sparkling water, and I cut back on that, too! I feel so much better without as many carbonated things! 


Reading: I've been searching around for books to get me in the fall mood, and I found this article that highlights 5 books to read this season

Sale: My code for everyone's favorite needlepoint pillows, is SYDNEY20 for 20% off. The code is live through 10/1.

I'm going to order this top with my code SUMMERWIND20. 

Watching:
 I randomly watched No Way Out on Prime, which is a movie from the late 80s starring Kevin Costner. It's based on a novel and is a movie about a murder. Honestly, I thought the movie was just OK until the end, when it had a huge twist I did not see coming! It's not my favorite, but if you love a good 80s film, this is worth the watch. 
Loving: I was browsing one day and saw this mug and sent it to my husband saying it looked like Henry, and he agreed! It arrived a few days later as my husband surprised me with it. It's too soon for jack-o'-lanterns, yes, but I just had to use it straight away, as even the shadowing on the dog is so similar to Henry!! It makes me so happy. I love mugs. 




Popped into the Galleria and came upon so many cute finds that are worth sharing with you all! 


Wanting: WA just launched a new foundation
, and it's been receiving really good reviews. I loved their foundation sticks but eventually found that No Makeup Makeup was better for me. But now I am very curious to try this new one because of the glowing reviews! This fringe scarf is so very La DoubleJ, but costs much less!  New Hill House launched this week!! I just love how many different styles they have been launching, and in so many gorgeous prints! One of my favorite belts is now available in a gorgeous chocolate brown! Ok, wow, this really looks like the Guest In Residence bandana scarf, but it is under $100. The price on this diamond band ring is *so* good. Such a cute and classic full-zip fleece jacket. A perfect BW look for less! Frog closure jackets are really having a moment right now, and this black jacket is fabulous. I saw this belt in the store the other day, and I fell in love with it. The buttons on this cardigan are beautiful! These pumpkin cocktail picks are too cute!

Pittsburgh: If you like wings (non-breaded), OTB, in my opinion, has the best in Pittsburgh. I usually get the mild sauce, which is the best! On Tuesdays, they are half off! Their ranch is also perfection... it's no Hello Bistro, but it's close to it. 

Amazon Rec: Now this is truly random and completely unglamorous, but when was the last time you replaced your toilet brush?! I am embarrassed to admit I have no idea when I last replaced ours. I ordered these, and I mean, they're as nice as a toilet brush can be, I guess! And because nothing goes without saying on the internet, these toilet brushes were *not* used. I took the photo right after I unboxed them. I would not put a used toilet brush on any table in my home!!

So curious about this skincare stick that has some intriguing ingredients that are supposed to plump your skin. It's just topical, so I can't expect that it works miracles, but it's a pretty unique product and there are many good reviews! Has anyone tried this?! 

You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here on my Amazon page where I am constantly updating it with all of my finds and top picks from home, beauty, fashion, and more!

Smelling: I wrote about this first-ever perfume launch from S+S last week, and the following day it arrived on my doorstep, gifted from the S+S team! I was so thrilled. I love their body mists, but they don't last like perfumes. In true S+S fashion, this smells wonderful. It's unisex. It's warm but fresh, and just all-around so pleasant. This will definitely be on a gift guide. I think scents are hard to gift someone, but this is about as universally appealing as they come. The scent description is, 'White musk settles against the skin—warm and familiar. Soft linen sheets brush close. Ripe pear. A bite of crisp apple. Jasmine drifts through the open air as clean ambrette and grounding moss envelop, lingering and calm.'

I gave this candle a whiff in the store the other day, and it smells wonderful. It's fresh and light with a subtle hint of spice that signals fall! The scent notes are: Bergamot Leaf, Lemon Zest, Dried Eucalyptus, Almond Blossom, Violet, Golden Amber, Sweet Patchouli, and White Musk.

Quoting: 'Everything that is real was imagined first.' - The Velveteen Rabbit // See more of my favorites, here.

This content may contain affiliate links; when you click the link and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no cost to you). 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure