Tuesday, May 29, 2018

My Cornflower Blue Bedroom


Look at his cute little glance!







Printed Shams// Blue Throw (under $100, comes in tons of colors)
Shop the Room:

Back in February, I shared that I wanted to add some color to my bedroom. Specifically, I wanted to incorporate cornflower blue. I didn't want to do anything that was going be super pricey and I was still happy with white being the main color. But I just thought some pops of color would be interesting for spring/summer. You can also check out this blog post where I talked about pillows

So today I'm sharing what I did! You can see my bedroom that I revealed back in October, here. I still really love that look and what I changed can easily be changed back once I get bored of the cornflower blue! 

What I bought new:
- Monogrammed Pillow: This is the pillow that started the entire thing. I love how long it is! It's like a bolster pillow but better. It's really high quality and while it's expensive, it's handmade so it's really special! 
- Printed Shams: I am obsessed with this print. I really like a white bed, so I wanted to keep the color and print minimal and I felt like that this was the perfect print to do that!
- Custom Coasters: These are just so cute and I think that they would also make a really nice gift for someone who has everything! 
- Monogrammed Tissue Cover: I use these covers on all my tissue boxes and I think it just makes it look more refined and tailored! It's a great wedding gift idea, too!
- Throw: This is Matouk so you know it will be good quality- but I was shocked at the low price. It is SO soft and just the right shade of blue. It comes in a bunch of other colors, too. I'm considering getting a neutral one for my living room!

As you can see, I really only bought a few new pieces and it changed the look in a big way! 

Mattress Update:
Also, I thought I'd update you on my Pangea Bed mattress. You can read about it, here. I have been sleeping on this mattress for about 6+ months and it is still SO good. I honestly could not recommend it more if you are looking for a great mattress. I have terrible knees (skiing and gymnastics/ cheerleading growing up) and this mattress has totally improved my joint pain and I sleep soundly. I used to get SO hot in my old bed and I really think this makes for a cooler more comfortable sleep. This is not at all sponsored, I just thought you should know how amazing this mattress is! 

2 comments:

Chic in Carolina said...

Your bedroom is so cute, Sydney! Love it!

xoxo,
Katie
chicincarolina.blogspot.com 

Unknown said...

Do you know what paint color your room is?

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure