Monday, November 7, 2022

October Favorites

October Favorites
Shop the Items:
I can't believe we have 10 lists this year and just 2 more until 2023! As a reminder, I share my favorites from each month, and then at the end of the year, I narrow it down further to a 'best of 2022' list! I'll link to past months in 2022 at the bottom of this post! If an item is included on a monthly list, it means I am *passionate* about these items.

Lip Replenisher// This will for sure be making my best of 2022 list. It's the best overnight lip balm I have EVER used. I have a slight shellfish allergy and whenever I get a little bit allergic (because I LOVE shellfish), sometimes as a reaction, my lips puff up a bit and it honestly looks kind of nice, ha! Anyway, this makes me wake up with lips that look so full. It's crazy. I also like that it seems to help with the fine lines on my lips. I have no idea how it works but it literally works SO well that you can use it once and notice results the following day. I think it works best if you are regimented and use it every single night. Sometimes if I am not going anywhere, I just put it on while at home or put it on while I'm doing my makeup and then take it off before putting on lipstick/gloss. It's really sticky- I really dislike the texture honestly, but the results are worth the sticky texture. 

Lash/Brow Serum// This is another one that will probably be on the best of the 2022 list. This is going to be long-winded but... in many lash and brow growth serums is an ingredient called prostaglandin. I am not a doctor and have absolutely no medical education whatsoever, so please take what I am saying with a grain of salt, do your own research, and make your own decisions. You should never make medical decisions based on anything I say as I am not qualified to give medical advice. Always consult a doctor or medical professional with any of your medical questions. This is just my personal experience that I am sharing with you. Anyway, prostaglandin is an active ingredient in some of these serums and is what makes the brows and lashes grow. This was discovered when eyecare patients using eyedrops with prostaglandin started to get long eyelashes. The cosmetic industry caught on and now makes serums with this ingredient. Some of these lash serums are still by prescription only but a lot are available on sites like Nordstrom and Sephora. I think the drops were originally for glaucoma patients. There are many side effects from prostaglandin that can happen to some people. I was one of those people that experienced a more common side effect which is that the skin around your eyes can turn a reddish-brown color. It made me look so tired and almost like I hadn't slept. This is how I figured this all out. So I stopped using it immediately and the skin around my eyes went back to normal within a few weeks or maybe a month or two. There are other things about the ingredient prostaglandin that I have found that I don't like, but I won't go into those. You can do all your own research. All that to say that I won't personally use any product with prostaglandin. Brands just started coming out with 'clean' versions of the brow and lash serums which usually means prostaglandin-free. I heard some bad reviews of a lot of them saying that they don't work. Well, I decided to order the Kosas brand one that recently came out, I think back in August because I trust the Kosas brand and have loved every product I have ever used by the brand. I have been using it religiously for 10-12ish weeks now and there is no doubt that my lashes are so much longer and fuller and the same with my eyebrows. I noticed with a product like Grande Brow/Lash (serum with prostaglandin) I noticed results within a week or two. With the Kosas (prostaglandin-free), it took longer. I noticed results around week 4 or 5 and now 10-12 weeks in, it's amazing! you just need to give this more time to work but it works so well! 

Hydro Boost Mask// This sheet mask is so inexpensive and I love it for a morning pick-me-up! I keep mine in the refrigerator and order them with my groceries, ha! They are so cooling and hydrating. The perfect thing for after a big night out or before an important event before you apply your makeup. These would make a great stocking stuffer

Cuticle Oil// I love this cuticle oil and I hate that I love it because it's a tiny tube for $20! But I love the classic L'Occitaine scent and the oil is so easy to apply with the brush! I buy mine on Amazon because you get free shipping/prime delivery whereas on the L'Occitaine site if you order just this, you have to pay to ship. This would be another good stocking stuffer! 

Rich Cream// I feel like a broken record with this stuff but it is the best. I wanted to dislike it because it's wildly expensive but it's just SO good. You really have to try it yourself to see what I mean. 

Balsamic Vinegar// The best balsamic vinegar!! Worth the extra money. We dip bread into this and use it in marinades and dressings. SO SO good. This is a good hostess gift! 

Micro Fleece Top + Micro Fleece Joggers// You are missing out if you don't get yourself this inexpensive fleece lounge set. It's a thin fleece material so it's not too warm but I definitely would not recommend this for someone living in a warm climate like Florida! I sized up to a medium in both the top and bottom and the fabric is the softest thing ever and just so cozy. I really like the fit of the top and the joggers. This is going to be my go-to dog-walking outfit as the temperatures dip! 

Hydrocolloid Bandaids// This is such a random thing to include on this list but I just had no idea about hydrocolloid bandaids! I burned my foot in early October and the burn turned into a pretty big and deep wound. Ick! Anyway, for a burn, you are supposed to keep it covered and moist at all times. These hydrocolloid bandages are what doctors have recommended for burns (again, consult your own doctor, please!!!!). I really want to minimize scarring on my foot as much as possible as well as get the wound healed up so I can have my foot fully functioning again. So the trick is to use Neosporin and these bandages. It turns out that for most wounds, hydrocolloid bandages will help heal a wound faster than a traditional bandaid because it keeps the wound moist which is supposed to speed up healing. I truly had no idea that keeping a wound moist and covered helped to speed up healing until a few weeks ago! Also, do you know how with a traditional bandaid, the gauzy pad can stick to a wound when you are taking it off? This won't happen with a hydrocolloid bandage! Anyway, I LOVE these and I am telling you, I think they have helped to keep the scarring to a minimum. I had to get the large size for my foot but I ended up ordering the regular band-aid size ones to have on hand in case of any future wounds (hopefully not!!). This was such a learning experience for me! But anyway, get these to have in your first aid kit! 

Lounge Set// I love this lounge set. I wear it to bed as pajamas but it's also great to wear around the house when you want to feel chic but also want to wear sweats! This would make a nice gift for any woman in your life! 

Travel Pill Pack// I love this travel pill pack. It's honestly not even the nicest quality but it works so well for travel. The small size is perfect and I love all of the small compartments. I love to travel with a whole medicine cabinet just in case and this is just great for that! 

Sherpa Coat// I haven't had a ton of opportunities to wear this coat yet because it has been so mild weather-wise but this is the most beautiful coat. It looks like real shearling and is a nice heavier weight. It looks dressy but is functional because it is actually warm! I got a size small and it fits just right- so TTS! 

Past Monthly Favorites:
April 
May 
June 
July

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure