Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Navy Embroidered Coverup

Sandals (also available here and here)// Sunglasses// Gold Cuff 

We snapped these photos while at the One and Only Ocean Club during our stay in the Bahamas! I wore this embroidered coverup over top of one of my newest favorite navy and white bathing suits (also here) and I love how perfectly the two matched! 

This is one of my favorite pieces that I brought (also comes in a short sleeve style, too). It's so high quality- the embroidered detail is absolutely gorgeous and the navy is just the perfect shade. It's also a coverup that you can most definitely wear out in public as a dress. So, for example, at the club we go to during the summer months, you have to be clothed to eat in certain areas on the property (not just a coverup), and this works perfectly to throw on over top of a bathing suit for that type of situation. 

It also worked well to wear over my suit so we could tour around the property before we headed to the pool area. I think 'skimpier' coverups are really cute (like ones that just tie around the waist), but I always have a dress or more conservative coverup with me just in case it's necessary! 

The material is thin and lightweight, but there's no confusing that with the high quality that it is. I've gotten a lot of questions as to whether or not you can wear this as a dress. I'd say you definitely can, but would also be sure to wear nude underpinnings just to be safe! I think I'll wear it with wedge espadrilles and a cute little clutch (it's under $40!) this summer!

As for the tote, you've seen this a bunch before, but that is simply because I can't get enough of it. It was such a great thing to pack because it took minimal space in my suitcase but ended up holding SO much stuff. It was great, too, because it's neutral (also comes in two other neutral colors) so it literally worked with every single thing I packed! It was a little plain, so I added this silk scarf to tie it into my outfit! 

Last, but certainly not least, these are my newest Jack Rogers. I LOVE that they are bone colored with bone stitching. I have the bone color with the white stitching and I wear them a lot, but the bone on bone seems so much chicer to me! They're especially great for the time being while you aren't really 'supposed' to wear white shoes. I almost exclusively wear Jack Rogers during the warm months. I find them to be so comfortable, durable, and cute. I've been wearing them for ages and they have never failed me. I probably have about 20 pairs and have gone through another 10 pair! They're not only a wardrobe staple for me, but a classic for everyone! 

More Bahamas Posts Here:

5 comments:

Around Colours said...

That's a gorgeous dress. And it does look like it could totally be worn as a regular dress and not just a beach cover-up. I love the embroidery, it looks really pretty.

Marta - www.aroundcolours.blogspot.com

Chrisy said...

This is the most gorgeous coverup ever! I'd definitely believe it as a dress; the embroidery detail is just beautiful. I'm the same way with coverups: when you're on the beach, the more minimal ones are so fun/cute, but if you have anywhere to be afterwards, it's always good to err on the side of more! Love this.

Sarah Weisbrod said...

This is THE perfect coverup! Navy and white is always the best combo!

Check out my blog if you get a chance babe!
http://justcuzblog.com

Unknown said...

This is so cute! Love the whole look and the scarf on the bag. I love your Snapchat and saw you were cleaning out some items. I live for closet pics/tours would LOVE for you to share on Snap or the blog. Or a post about some of the "must have" items you kept. I love your "favorite things" type of posts.

Chic in Carolina said...

LOVE this coverup- it's so cute and chic!

xoxo,
Katie
chicincarolina.blogspot.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure