Thursday, November 21, 2019

Lately


Can you believe we are almost to Thanksgiving?! Exactly one week!! I've been doing a LOT of computer work in preparation for a crazy week next week, hence my slight absence on instastories. My sister comes to town this evening and then tomorrow night we are getting together with family friends for light-up night. Saturday we are going with Callie to try on wedding dresses!! Callie is in town for over a week as are my aunt and uncle. Plus, my fiancé's mom is staying with us next weekend and I'm hosting my sister's engagement party. LOTS going on on top of lots of content to be posted and shared with all of you!

Wearing: I popped into the mall the other day to run an errand and stumbled upon these two great cocktail dresses. The first one is a high-low in the prettiest metallic fabric. It could definitely be worn for a more formal event. The second one is a true cocktail dress and I love the metallic details all over. It would make such a fun New Year's Eve dress. Both are currently on sale for 40% off with no code needed.

Eating: Did you catch my sister's guest post? She shared so many easy recipes perfect for Thanksgiving. 

Drinking: A restaurant here in Pittsburgh used to make Pickle martinis. They no longer do it and I haven't found anywhere that does. So, I am going to try to create my own. I love a dirty gin martini so I think it will be easy to swap out the olive juice for pickle juice. We'll see... I know some of you are probably cringing over this haha! 

Sale-ing: Alllllll of the things are about to go on sale. So hold off for a bit if you can and wait until next week. I think brands will start their Black Friday/Cyber Week sales potentially Monday/Tuesday of next week! In the meantime, check out this post where I share a lot of pieces I have ordered lately that will all likely go on major sale next week. I'm also going to highlight specific sales from brands I absolutely love. I'll have a full sale, list, too, but you'll find that this year I will be very intentional and discerning about what pieces and brands I share! 

Watching:
 Have you all gotten Disney+? We are obsessed and can't stop reminiscing about all of the great shows and movies on the app! It's like we went from nothing to watch to SO much. Plus we are very into Jack Ryan right now and I haven't even had a chance to start the new season of The Crown but you better believe the moment I have time, I am going to binge it!! 

Listening: I share this every year but here is my Christmas playlist! It's SO good and contains all of my very favorites. 

Loving: My sweet little Henry went to his annual vet appointment on Monday. I can't believe December 16th will be 2 years of Henry!!! He is healthy as can be so I am thrilled. He got his blood taken (hence the little bandage on his leg) to check for heartworm and tick-borne illnesses and then he got two shots. I was squirming more than he was- he was such a trooper!!

Wanting: Did you see my gift guide from yesterday? It's always the most requested one and I am sharing my personal wish list

Pittsburgh-ing: Do not walk, RUN to CHiKN in Oakland. I don't know hot it took me so long to go here but it's like Chik-Fil-A on steroids and might be the best chicken sandwich I have EVER had. The homemade pickles are incredible and their ranch is top-notch. Wow, my mouth is watering just looking at this photo. 

Quoting: 'Just because someone carries it well doesn't mean it isn't heavy.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You have to be talking about Soba's pickle martini, right?! RIP, my favorite drink ever.

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Omg YES!!!! Soba’s pickle martini!! It was seriously the best cocktail EVER!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes to Chikn!!!!!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure