Thursday, December 12, 2019

Lately



This was a surprisingly easy week. I was able to tackle everything and then some. We are a little less than 2 weeks from Christmas and I am ready. Tonight I'm tackling wrapping some more gifts. I actually love wrapping gifts. I always put on a holiday movie, light the tree, and have a glass of wine. It's calming and gets me in the holiday spirit!

We are getting together with friends tomorrow night to see their new house- they also just got engaged so it will be a fun night filled with celebration! Then, Saturday we head to Ohio to celebrate the holidays with my fiancé's side of the family!

Next week gets super busy with appointments, holiday events, parties, and family starts coming to town! I can't wait for all of the fun outfits I will get to wear next week. I live for a good party outfit!!

Wearing: If you follow me on instastories, then you know I compared this Sweater to my favorite Vince sweater. It's actually amazing because they are identical. This Sweater, though, is so much less costly! It's only $130 (on sale) and the Vince sweater is $385. Both are the most luxurious boiled cashmere. It's thick, warm, and soft. I love the funnel neck. It's an elegant neckline and the solid, neutral color is just easy to wear with so many outfits. It is easily one of my most-worn sweaters! I am wearing a size small in the less pricey sweater (same size I have in the Vince sweater). It's meant to fit oversized/roomy. 

Reading: If you watch The Crown, then you likely saw the episode when the BBC was filming a documentary. It was a good episode! This article talks about what actually happened! 

Sale-ing: Talbots is having a flash sale where you can take 50% off outerwear and 40% off everything else. Their cashmere Sabrina sweater is one of my favorites with the gorgeous portrait collar neckline. 

Watching: This is the cutest Budweiser commercial
. It's several years old, but I saw it posted on Facebook and just had to share. It also serves as a good reminder around the holiday season- don't drink and drive!!!

Listening: Did you catch last Friday's post about my favorite easy listening songs and stations for the holidays?

Loving: I love the Atlantic- Pacific collaboration on Nordstrom's website. There are SO many fun New Year's Eve pieces!

Loving II: This is a feel-good story about a company's owner giving everyone in the company $10million worth of holiday bonuses. Each bonus ranged anywhere from $50,000-$250,000 depending on how long they'd been with the company. Watching the video and seeing people's reactions is the best part! It's one thing to expect a certain bonus each year, but to be surprised like that is so sweet!

Wanting: This sweatshirt doesn't feel like it's in the realm of my personal style, but there's something very 90s-nostalgic about it! Oh my goodness this ivory top is GORGEOUS. 

Pittsburgh-ing: I LOVE that The Knot included The Pittsburgh cookie table in their article. It's a very specific Pittsburgh thing, but I cannot wait for our cookie table!!!

Traveling: We are headed to Ohio on Saturday to visit my fiancĂ©'s family and celebrate Christmas with them! 

Quoting: 'Always be kinder than you feel.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure