Thursday, April 20, 2023

Lately

Happy Thursday, friends! How is your week going? Mine has been OK. I started the week off feeling a little under the weather. I think I just got a bit run down between work, social life, and day-to-day things on top of terrible seasonal allergies. I thought it might just be in my head but I looked it up and apparently Pittsburgh is a US city with a high pollen count which is honestly kind of surprising! Between that and my birthday weekend, I have been taking it easy this week!

Besides the pollen and allergy craziness, our weather has been like a yo-yo lately! This past weekend was insanely gorgeous. Monday and Tuesday were COLD, like winter cold again, and now today is like 80 degrees! I get so focused on the weather this time of year because it's so hard to dress for this kind of thing. One morning I'm wearing a puffer coat and the next I'm wearing a sundress and sandals! If I don't look at the weather before leaving the house, I'm almost sure to be dressed improperly for whatever weather we are having! 

I am watching my parent's sweet pup, Buddy! He is full of energy so he keeps both Henry and me on our toes! I would not say that Buddy and Henry are friends but rather, they tolerate eachother. Henry is the alpha and he rules the roost for sure. It's fun to observe them together because they both need equal attention and love or one gets jealous. Henry also antagonizes Buddy in such a calculated way and I don't think poor Buddy realizes this, ha! But I am thankful that they never fight! 

This weekend we are getting together with friends which will be great and I'm going to give myself plenty of time to relax and do absolutely nothing at some point. We are also going to grab my favorite sushi and hit the driving range. I got a set of new golf clubs. They were just an inexpensive set from Amazon so I could hang out with my husband at the range and golf 9 holes with him occasionally (I've only ever done 18 holes once and maybe never again haha). Prior to this, I was using a mishmash of my mom and sister's very old clubs so while these aren't the greatest clubs, they are a bit of an upgrade! Hey, I just think the bag is adorable, ha!
Wearing: We had an impromoptu Sunday funday with friends at our neighborhood bar. It was sitll so gorgeous outside, I wore this dress again! It runs roomy but I am wearing my true size small!

Wearing II: I also wore this sundress twice this past weekend. It is fully lined and runs big so size down! 

Eating: This is on my to-make list! 

Sale: It's the last day for the tiered Shopbop sale. You can see my picks, here. The Sephora sale is currently going on through Monday. You can find my full-face makeup routine, here. You can also see what I ordered, here

Watching:
 Netflix is releasing 'All The Light We Cannot See' in November as a movie! It's one of my all-time favorite books so I am very excited. Have you seen the trailer yet?! I think Netflix has big shoes to fill with this one because I know so many agree with me that this is an incredible book. I hope the film can do it justice.
Loving: Ok this bag is GORGEOUS! So fun and colorful. It is giving me Hermes scarf vibes. I love Tory Burch but I think her logos can be too much sometimes. With this, you could just wear the bag on the opposite side so that the leather patch is not showing. I think the patch takes away from the beauty of the bag! 
Loving II: Yesterday, I posted a Mother's Day gift guide, and in the guide was this topiary! Some of you asked to see what it looks like in person so here is a photo! 

Wanting:
 We have a beautiful kettle for our stove which I love so much. I purposefully did not get an electric kettle because I don't like appliances because I don't like them out on the counters and they always take up so much cabinet real estate. But I also thought that most electric kettles were unattractive. This one is darling and looks so much like a normal kettle so if you don't mind appliances, I say get this because it will heat up your water faster than a stovetop kettle!
Pittsburgh: Tomorrow is the last day to buy tickets for the Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy 25th annual hat luncheon which will be on Saturday, May 6th! It is such a well done event for a wonderful cause! I'll be there and hope to see many of you there, too! 
Amazon Rec: I just ordered this cropped tee. The reviews are saying it's great and that it doesn't show your stomach, so my fingers are crossed! You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Traveling: We finally remembered to book our flights to Nantucket so now that I have that crossed off our list, I am starting to get excited. We haven't been since 2019. We try to go in early June as it is around my husband's birthday. I think June is the best time because you still get decent weather but you avoid the in-season crowds! 

Quoting: 'Balance is not something you find, it is something you create.' // See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure