Thursday, June 8, 2023

Lately


Hope you all have had a great week! This has been a very normal/routine week which has been nice. I have a few projects I am working on that have kept me busy, plus I'm working ahead as much as possible since I'll be traveling soon. I have been brainstorming for Nantucket packing! We are going for almost a full week, and the weather can be so hit or miss with rain and cold that I really need to bring a lot!

Tonight we are headed out to dinner with my grammie which will be nice! We are going to a restaurant I haven't been to in probably 10-15 years! This weekend will likely be spent doing a lot of work since I want to try and work as little as possible when away! 

I feel like such an adult talking about plants, but I put together a little potted herb garden, and it makes me so happy to harvest herbs for our meals! I am just doing cilantro, dill, and basil right now. The cilantro and dill were getting too much sun, so I actually had to bring them inside. Once I got them inside, they started to do better. The basil thrives outside. Planting things has also made me notice the lack of rain. We haven't had much rain at all, and it's been so hot. Luckily the weather calmed down yesterday, but I water my plants morning and night, and even then, some of them were getting burnt out by the heat and sun. I also have white flies on one of my topiaries (my favorite one) which is driving me NUTS! I've ordered traps and spray, so hopefully, that helps. Honestly, if you told me a few years ago I would be into growing things, I would have absolutely laughed. This is so not me, and I definitely do not have a green thumb, but it is so enjoyable to learn something new and be outside. We have such a small outdoor space. I can't imagine the upkeep of a large yard or big garden. I know from years of watching my parents that it's hard work and something you have to keep up with every single day! In a future home with more outdoor space, I'd want to make a raised bed. I'd love to grow a few kinds of lettuce and even more herbs! 

I am now laughing at myself because I wrote an entire paragraph on gardening. Who am I?! 

Wearing:
 I did a big blog post roundup of everything I have worn lately

Eating: I made my first burrata pasta of the season. SO easy and delicious! 

Eating II: I also made the easiest summer lunch of melon, prosciutto, burratta, basil, salt, pepper, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Again, so easy, no cooking and absolutely delicious. 


Sale: Love the red, white, and blue new arrivals from Lake!! There's a discount code GiftLAKE out right now through 6/9 that will get you 10% off! It's a great time to snag something for your dad for Father's Day, which is next Sunday!
Watching: I can report back on Succession- I love it now! I get the hype! I really had to get past the first 4 episodes. I think it had a slow start, but episodes 5-10 were SO good. In true HBO form, the language, at times, can be quite crass, but the acting and character development really make up for that. The acting was not great in the first two or three episodes, but this show is just one you really have to get through the first few, and then it finds its footing. 

Loving: I ordered this over Memorial Day weekend as I was in need of a new night cream and decided to try this one since I love their vitamin c serum so much! I have only been using this for a little over a week or so but am loving it. It's so hydrating but not overly goopy or anything like some night creams can be. It's very hydrating and I just love the feel on my skin. You can use code SUMMERWIND at checkout and that code will give you the highest discount available. Someone asked me how I use this in conjunction with Augustinus Bader and I typically use Augustinus Bader rich cream in the mornings. It looks SO good under makeup- it's very glowy/dewy. Then, I'll use this at night once I've washed my face and all of that. 

Wanting:
 I'm eyeing these beautiful blue and white mugs! This shift dress is an absolute classic!

Pittsburgh: Allegheny concert series list for both South Park and Hartwood Acres!

Amazon Rec: Just got another one of these suitcases because they are amazing!!! So high quality and less costly than brands like Away and Monos. You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!


Quoting: 'Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in every place you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, every time you can.' - John Wesley // See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure