Thursday, September 14, 2023

Lately


It's the wedding weekend for one of my family friends, and I am so excited for the entire weekend! I've been spending this week prepping ahead for work so I could take a little time off, as well as going to appointments like getting my hair done, running to the tailor, etc. I have been so on top of things this week. It's so odd, but I thrive when I have a packed schedule, both socially and professionally!

My aunt, uncle, sister, and brother-in-law are in town for the wonderful occasion. I'm getting a manicure and pedicure this morning and then grabbing lunch with my sister while our husbands and my dad golf with the rest of the wedding guys. We are doing a family dinner tonight at my parent's house. Tomorrow is the rehearsal and welcome party, and then Saturday is the wedding (which I am in), so it will surely be a packed weekend! It's also my parent's 39th wedding anniversary on Friday! 

We have had crisp mornings and evenings this week, putting me in fall mode! Not to mention, the first Steelers game of the season was on Sunday (though a less-than-stellar performance), which felt like fall! I made my favorite 3-ingredient pumpkin muffins (which I made into cookies because I realized I don't have a muffin tin, oops!). This weekend, we got some of our favorite Pittsburgh foods: Brick N Mortar, 350 Bakery, and Driftwood Oven. We also got together with our friends, who are also our neighbors, and it's just the best being able to walk down the street to hang out with them. I know it won't last forever, so I don't take that for granted! 

Are the lantern flies crazy where you all live? They are running rampant here in Pittsburgh. While they don't bite, they're big and will fly at you (they seem like clumsy fliers) if you are in their way. You're supposed to kill them because they're invasive, but they're quick to evade a stomp! I walk outside for all of 5 minutes and encounter about 50 of them. I'm literally giving myself goosebumps by writing about them. Ick. 

Wearing:
 If you are ever wondering where something is from, I keep my LTK page up to date at all times; you can also access all of my posts, here, if you don't use LTK!

Eating: I have been eating this for years, but I don't know if I have shared it. We ate it this week when our meat didn't defrost in time to cook. Do not sleep on the Trader Joe's frozen kung pao chicken. I keep it on hand for nights when nothing is fresh or planned, and it always hits the spot. I've never really heard anyone talk about it before. It's spicy and flavorful, and we usually pair it with rice and stir-fried vegetables. It tastes like Chinese takeout, and it's a huge portion, so we usually eat it for dinner and get one lunch out of it the next day! 
Eating II: I just restocked this balsamic vinegar as we had run out, and I really can't go without it. I use it weekly. It's the most flavorful balsamic ever. I have tried a lot, but this is truly the best. It's pricey compared to a regular grocery store brand, but for me, this is worth every penny.

Sale: I love the Frame TV so much, and right now, it is on sale! You can read my full review here

Watching:
 I started Grey's Anatomy from the beginning because I got that bored! There's nothing great on TV lately, so I haven't been watching much! 

Listening: I've been listening to Celebrate by the Jonas Brothers, the most upbeat and happy song. It puts me in such a good. I was never a Jonas Brothers fan, but their newest album is great. I have also had Paint the Town Red by Doja Cat on repeat; it is so catchy and is a great hype song while working out. 
Loving: I just replenished 3 of my favorite products. I used my own discount code SUMMERWIND, which gives you the highest discount available. It gets you about $6 off the face wash and $7 off of the hand cream. These are all must-have items for me!
Wanting: These gold hoops are an incredible price for classic fine jewelry. Adding them to my Christmas wish list! These loafers are perfection- the color, the mix of texture, and the almond toe shape are all so lovely!!! This sweater looks like La Ligne for WAY less (only $50). This top is so pretty and gives me the best fall vibes!
Italian Sandwich, Driftwood Oven

White BBQ Brisket Breakfast Sandwich, 350 Bakery
Pittsburgh: We had ourselves a Pittsburgh foodie weekend with so many great things, these two sandwiches being my very favorite! 
Amazon Rec: I love this Amazon athletic brand that makes things that look like Lululemon but cost so much less! I just got this cute little Athletic Top + Leggings set. I plan on wearing it to Orange Theory. The top has a built-in bra, and both pieces run TTS! I have a bunch of pieces from this brand, and they never disappoint. You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here on my Amazon page, where I am constantly updating it with all my finds and top picks from home, beauty, fashion, and more!

Smelling: This is a candle I've had for a while now, and while I wouldn't niche it into being just a fall scent, it is great for the fall season because it has that warm, cozy vibe. I'm almost done with it, so it reminded me I should get another! At under $40, they make beautiful gifts because all of the vessels are so unique (they come with gorgeous lids), so you can reuse the vessels as little vases or in your bathroom to hold toothbrushes! 
soap (use code SUMMERWIND at checkout for the best discount)

Smelling II: I was using this hand soap in my bathroom and just ran out. I loved it but was ready for a change. I ordered this soap because I see it everywhere and have never smelled it. I figured it must smell amazing, considering it's so popular, and wow, it really does! Pricey, but it is quite large! I think it would make a really nice host/hostess gift. 

Traveling: We are off to Boston in a few weeks to visit friends, which is exciting! I love Boston, especially in the fall! On my list is to visit this adorable bookshop I keep seeing all over Instagram. 

Quoting: 'You have power over your mind, not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.' - Marcus Aurelius // See more of my favorites, here.

1 comment:

Kelly C said...

That soap is what they keep at Blackberry Farm/Mountain and we love it!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure