Friday, September 15, 2023

Weekend Wish List

weekend wish list: a curated roundup of fashion, beauty, and home items that caught my eye from this week

Happy weekend! I somewhat started my weekend yesterday since my sister and brother-in-law are here for the weekend for a family friend's wedding as are my aunt and uncle. I got a mani/pedi yesterday (1 coat funny bunny, two coats love is in the bare OPI for the win) and then went out to lunch with my mom and sister and had dinner at my parents house! Today is the rehearsal, dinner, and welcome party and also happens to be my parent's 39th wedding anniversary! 

We had some crisp weather in the latter half of this week so it definitely influenced today's weekend wish list. In 80+ degrees, sweaters and jackets can be almost unthinkable, but once I started to feel that crisper air, I remembered that sweaters will be necessary before we know it. Yesterday was the first day that I started to see some fall/Halloween decorations popping up around town which I loved. I'm not a big Halloween person in terms of decorations but I appreciate them nonetheless!

Some items of note... 

- I think this Fall Wreath Sash is a subtle way to signal fall on your doorstep. I have a few that I like to swap throughout the year. A wreath with one of these tied to it also makes a really nice gift!

- I don't replace the big rugs in my home often as they are pricey but I do think that rugs are a great way to change up the feel of the space without having to change anything else. I do change up our kitchen runner and back door rug a bit since they're small and aren't as costly to change around. I really love this Rug as an option for our kitchen. I definitely don't need it so I'm keeping an eye on it to see if it goes on sale it's beautiful and classic. 

- This  Scalloped Pillow is an Amazon find and come in a few colors. They are inexpensive so I'm curious as to how the quality is but they are a great look!

- I ordered this Equestrian Print Skirt because it is so unique and really feels 'me'. It does look short so I am unsure as to whether or not it will work for me but I will report back! 

- These Boots are SO good. I love the mix of textures and the elegant, simple silhouette. They're also very affordable as far as leather boots go. 

- Doesn't this Striped Sweater look like La Ligne? It's only $50 and 100% cotton. I have a few La Ligne sweaters and love the classic style of them but they are definitely a splurge. 

- This Quilted Jacket is more of a splurge because it's a novelty item, but I'd consider splurging if I lived in a warmer climate where I could wear this type of jacket for longer/more often. Toward the end of October and through April, you need a legitimate coat here in Pittsburgh so this just won't do but I love how unique and fabulous it looks.  

- If you don't love the New Balance 327 (I do, though!) I think these Tennis Shoes are slightly more classic but still give you that modern look! 

- Love these Green Cords, I get so stuck in the colder months relying on denim and while there is nothing wrong with that, I am always looking for different colors and textures to switch things up!


For your weekend reading, here are blog posts you may have missed from this week:

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure