Thursday, October 12, 2023

Lately











Wow, this is going to be a jam-packed Lately post! We headed to Boston to visit our friends early Friday morning and returned late Monday, so we had a solid 4 days with our friends and spent time in New England! It was a great trip. I absolutely love Boston. It's beautiful, people are so friendly, and it has so much history and charm. I already can't wait to make a trip back; there is still so much I haven't explored yet. The photos you see above are from Rockport, MA and Boston! 

This week, I have been playing catch up since I took off both Friday and Monday. I truly took off as I didn't even travel with my laptop, which is a rarity. It felt so nice to decompress and take time for myself. But because of that, I was really in for it on Tuesday, playing major catch-up for the rest of the week. But I feel like I somewhat have a handle on things again. 

I got the new iPhone, and the photos you see have all been taken on my iPhone. I got the iPhone 15 Pro Max and upgraded the storage a bit. Some of the photos look like they could have been taken on my Nikon; it's amazing how nice the cameras are getting. If you are on the fence about upgrading, it has been fully worth it for me for the camera alone! 

Wearing: Lake sent me these beautiful green pajamas; I love them so much. My mom, sister, and I will wear these on Christmas Eve into Christmas morning, and I can't wait. This style is so sleek and makes me feel chic in pajamas! I am wearing a size medium. Many people often ask me if the tie at the waist bothers me when I sleep, and I actually thought it might and held off on this style for so long because of that. However, it doesn't bother me at all! 

I shared a few outfits I wore in Boston and you can find that, here! If you are ever wondering where something is from, I keep my LTK page up to date at all times; you can also access all of my posts, here, if you don't use LTK!

Eating: I popped into Trader Joe's namely to get the rice you see on the bottom right as we ran out and it's something we eat frequently. However, they had so many great seasonal items and I took photos of a few things to share with you all. The turkey pot pie is one of my favorite seasonal items that is great to have on hand when a quick dinner is needed! I like to serve it with an arugula side salad! 

Watching:
 I randomly watched Indecent Proposal the other night as I stumbled upon it on Prime. It stars Demi Moore and is a great movie and kind of a wild concept. It's worth the watch. It came out in 1993. 

Loving: I got this pullover back in 2021, and it eventually sold out and didn't come back in 2022. Well, it's BACK in 3 colors. It's one of my most worn pullovers in the colder months. I am wearing a size small, and it runs very roomy, but keep in mind it does shink a touch in the dryer (only 54% cotton, so not much), so dry on low or lay flat to dry or just size up. I love the texture- the stitching makes it somewhat structured, and it's a loftier pullover, so the collar actually stays up. 



Loving II: For our wedding, a family friend gifted us many pieces from the Williams Sonoma 'Twas the Night' collection. They're beautiful and so fun and whimsical. The cutie reindeer mug caught my eye, and I included it in my mug roundup blog post that I shared early last week. I returned from a walk one afternoon this week, and a Williams Sonoma package was on the doorstep. I thought it had been dropped at the wrong house, but it was addressed to my husband. I texted him about it, and he told me to open it. It was the adorable deer mug and a nutcracker mug (which is also part of that Twas The Night collection). I was so excited! I'm honestly not a 'figural' mug type of gal, but these are beautiful and HUGE. You could eat soup out of them if you wanted. I used the reindeer one morning this week because I could not resist and will tuck them away again until seasonally appropriate, but I just had to show you all because they are darling. They would be so cute to give as a gift filled with packets of hot chocolate and marshmallows or with a box of tea. I also have to add that it just feels *hilarious* to drink out of a reindeer's head. 


Wanting:
I have had this idea for a piece of clothing in my mind for a while and have never found anything to compare to how I imagined it. I basically wanted a top similar to a cardigan but also similar to a robe so that I could wear it over my pajamas when I don't want to wear a long robe... like a cardigan sweatshirt, basically.  I have finally found it, and it has many good color options! I love that there are snaps instead of buttons, and I love the oversized fit and especially love the orewood brown hue. 

I am a big Ugg fan and think these are SO cute. Also, these are men's slippers, but I am seriously thinking of ordering them for myself as I love the look of the gray. 

Amazon Rec: This is probably the weirdest/most random item I bought during Prime Day. LOL. You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here on my Amazon page, where I am constantly updating it with all of my finds and top picks from home, beauty, fashion, and more!

Smelling: I would not have purchased this hand soap because of the name apple cider. It's just never a scent I think I would like. However, our friends had this in their guest bath, and I used it all weekend and loved it! It has a real fresh apple scent with added fall spice for some warmth. It smells so nice. I love it! 

Quoting: 'Talk sense to a fool, and he calls you foolish.' - Euripides // See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure