Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Randoms

Alright, I'm doing random things again today based on the photos from my iPhone and other things that have been going on since last week. I love doing this post because it's much less 'staged' and much more 'real life' (see last week's post, here). 

First up is this awesome Bose speaker. I was at the Verizon store getting the iPhone 6 and spotted this micro speaker. It is super small and packs an awesome sound. This has totally been added to my Christmas list. 

I've been wearing these two necklaces together (monogram and tiny pendant) and love the look. It's simple but adds a nice amount of sparkle. If you want to order the monogram for someone for Christmas, just a heads up, it takes 4 weeks to arrive. Mine came much quicker than 4 weeks (more like 2-3ish), but I wouldn't risk it! 

This is me laughing at my mom who told me, right before I walked out the door, that I couldn't wear white after Labor Day... I wore my white pants from Country Squire Haberdashery to watch Monday Night Football... I felt the tennis shoes lent themselves to a sporty night ;) 

I tried a new color the other day called Don't Burst My Bubble by OPI. I usually stick to my tried and true colors, but felt like changing things up. The photo makes it look way 'whiter' than it is.. It's a subtle but opaque pink. Very neutral which is what I was looking for. 

I've been taking Mac on lots of errands with me lately. I try to make him sit in the back, but he always ends up coming up front with me. He's just so cute, I can't get enough. 

Town and Country is killing it with their latest issues. I'm a big fan and had so much fun visiting their HQ in Hearst Tower when I was in New York. I finally had time to catch up on all of the most recent issues and definitely recommend T&C to everyone! 

If you've been reading SW for a while, then you know how much I love Donald Robertson (past post here). I have this awesome idea for a commission for him that I know he has definitely not done yet... ohhh one day. Anyways, he just collaborated with J. Crew and It. Is. Awesome. It doesn't look like they are available online, but they are in stores and priced at $45. Would make an awesome gift for a Drawbertson fan! 

I wore my leather jacket out the other night. I forget that I own this 99% of the time and it always ends up in the back of my closet. I've had it for years, but rarely wear it (last worn here). But when I do, I always feel so 'hip' (I'm laughing at myself as I type this). However, It reminded me that I think a leather jacket is something that everyone should have in their wardrobe. It's a lot more basic than you would think and it is so perfect for this in -between-weather. Not to mention, I find it goes with everything in the 'going out' outfit department, but also looks super chic paired with cashmere. If you're looking for a good quality jacket, check out this one. It's priced low for a leather jacket, which is great, not to mention, the fit is more of a classic style rather than something overly trendy. 

Anything you've been loving in the past week? Have a fabulous day! 

Yours, 

6 comments:

carciosef said...

Love the two necklaces! Added to my Christmas list
carciosef

Dress in Sparkles said...

I totally feel the same way about a leather jacket! And I feel like I seriously need to read T&C now based on how much you recommend it!

Xo Kylie
www.dressinsparkles.com

Anonymous said...

Hi I love the two necklaces. I haver a question on the pendant. When I click on your link, the necklace looks long. On your neck, it almost looks like a chocker. Is the link the same necklace that you are wearing?

Lauren said...

Love that white jeans after Labor Day are now acceptable!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

Farrah said...

Fellow T & C lover here!

I also like the necklace pairing. Giada does that with the Tiffany rope and another necklace with her daughter's initial for a charm.

Unknown said...

Still wearing white - still totally okay with it. Bought a faux leather jacket from Nordstrom not that long ago that I'm in love with. Under $100 and doesn't look cheap. Definitely agree that it's a must own!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure