Wednesday, February 22, 2023

My Most Worn Shoes for Spring and Summer

Now is certainly not the time for open-toed shoes, but we are fast approaching that time, and I am ready! Actually, Pittsburgh's winter has been very mild. It is supposed to be 70 degrees and sunny tomorrow!! 

So let's chat shoes... 

I am definitely a creature of habit when it comes to shoes. I tend to stick to the same few pairs for the warmer months, year after year. They're usually neutral and/or metallic and simple. I have 4 types that I basically rotate throughout the summer depending on the outfit. I'm excluding white sneakers from this list because I just posted on my favorite white sneakers, but I also wear those a lot! 




These espadrille wedges are my favorite! I wear them ALL of the time. They are metallic gold, feel a bit dressier than the regular canvas options, and incredibly comfortable. If something happened to these, I would quickly replace them. I often find espadrilles to feel 'hard' and uncomfortable, but that is not the case with these! Since they are gold, they have a 'film' on the canvas, and that film protects them, and they wear better than the regular canvas. I'm actually waiting on this pair that I am excited about! To protect the canvas on those, I will spray them with this shoe stuff that is magic! I wrote a full review on these espadrilles that you can find, here. In that post, it covers sizing!


I love PBS! They are so high quality. I like Jack Rogers, don't get me wrong but I think at some point, the quality of JR started to go downhill. Palm Beach Sandals are real leather and just overall the perfect pair of sandals! They run true to size and are a bit stiff when you get them but they stretch out with wear. I wear these day-to-day with shorts and sundresses. Again, I always prefer metallic, I guess because that feels dressier to me! 



These are my dressy heels that I favor for the summer months. They are so comfortable both because of the brand and because of the block heel and the perfect shoe for an outdoor wedding since they are a block heel and don't dig into the grass! Again, another metallic... what can I say, I have a type!! These are all around a simple, elegant shoe! I have a post about these sandals, here





I have the Hermes Oasis sandals which are the ones with a small block heel and I like them a lot but I feel that they are a little too narrow for them to be an everyday sandal. I typically prefer a small block heel like this because I have a crazy high arch and a block heel usually feels more comfortable than something completely flat. But, I've been wearing a lot of flat sandals in recent years and actually really like them. They don't bother me as much as they used to! Anyway, I wore the heck out of these Hermes Oran lookalike sandals over the past few years. I took them to Europe this summer, they were on their last leg and I ended up tossing them after that because they were just so worn. They're really well made sandals so to say I wore them to the point of throwing them away is really saying something! I was either going to buy another pair of those lookalikes this summer or get the Hermes version. I ended up treating myself to the Hermes Orans as an early birthday gift to myself (my birthday isn't until April) and I'm happy with them but I still think the lookalikes are just fine, especially with a savings of $510.

I'm going to do a lookalike post coming soon on brown flat sandals like this because in that same realm, I also wore J.McLaughlin sandals SO much. They came out with a block heel version for this season. 

1 comment:

Ann said...

Such a helpful post! I need to replace my Jack Rogers this year and am inspired to try Palm Beach Sandals instead! How does the sizing of Palm Beach compare to Jack Rogers? I am usually a 6 and size down to 5.5 in Jack Rogers. Wondering if I should do the same with PBs? Thanks so much!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure